- Eye lasik surgery - settlement of defective eyelaser surgery claim $1.3 million dollars. The claim involved permanent injury to the patient as a result of the defects in the procedure and negligent follow-up care.
- $2.75 million dollar settlement for failure to properly treat and diagnose a stroke victim.
- Jury verdict against the New York Times finding defamation of Philadelphia area pharmaceutical company.
- $2.4 million dollar settlement relating to a patient overdose.
- Brain damage sustained by child during childbirth due to loss of oxygen. Settlement valued at over $6 million dollars.
- Doctor's failure to diagnose cancer for over one year resulted in a settlement just before trial of $750,000.
- Settlement (amount confidential) versus Universal Pictures on behalf of middleweight champion Joey Giardello for false light portrayal in the movie The Hurricane.
- Settlement of $675,000 for patient injured by an anesthesiologist during her open heart procedure.
- Doctor's failure to diagnose Lyme Disease resulted in a settlement during trial of $250,000.
- $1.2 million dollar verdict for the parents of a stillborn child in Montgomery County. This verdict was obtained in a county where verdicts in excess of $1 million dollars are virtually unheard of. It involved a child whose mother was given too much Pitocin during labor causing excessive contractions, a uterine rupture and ultimately the death of the unborn child.
- Eye Laser Surgery verdict of $880,000. The case involved negligence of the doctor during an eye laser procedure which caused permanent visual damage and a loss of earnings.
- Jury verdict of $10.7 million obtained on behalf of ex-boxer Randall Tex Cobb, who was defamed by Sports Illustrated and falsely accused of being involved in a fixed fight.
- Retraction negotiated in case involving local and national media outlets.
- $500,000 liable settlement against the Courier Post. This settlement was obtained based upon a news article which disparaged a lawyer and made false statements about his conduct.
- Settlements (confidential) in numerous other libel and slander matters.
Personal Injury Claims:
- $3 million dollar claims for crush injury sustained by a client in a trucking accident.
- $1.9 million dollar settlement for a client who was involved in a forklift injury.
- Settlement of patent claim for royalties valued in excess of $3 million.
- Settlement of movie rights claim for copyrights infringement $850,000.
- Civil fraud claims for $1 million ro a client who was defrauded by his insurance company.
- $1.3 million settlement for client who's intellectual property rights were stolen and who's confidential information were misappropriated by a competitor.
- Settlement of $1.2 million for client who sustained injuries as a result of a defective ramp installed in an apartment complex which caused spinal injuries.
- Settlement of $1.25 million against municipality for personal injuries caused by its police department.
- Jury verdict of $900,000 for a client who slipped off a ladder while working near a defective boiler system.
- Settlement of $250,000 for worker who was injured by a defective machine which lacked appropriate safety guards and kill switches.
- $485,000 verdict for a client who fell due to a defective stair railing.
- $400,000 settlement against a municipality for injuries sustained as a result of a defective sidewalk.
Wrongful Death Claims:
- Settlement of $1.5 million on behalf of a widow whose husband was killed as a result of the negligence of a truck driver.
- $1 million dollar structured settlement on behalf of a minor child who was killed due to the negligence of a truck driver.
- $3 million dollar settlement on behalf of a woman who was severely injured when she was hit by a truck driving at an excess rate of speed.
Civil Fraud Claims:
- Jury verdict of $870,000 obtained for the descendant of the famous General George Pickett, who lead the charge at the Battle of Gettysburg. We were able to prove that our client had been given a false appraisal and was defrauded out of valuable family heirlooms.
- AAA arbitration verdict of $2.8 million dollars in a civil racketeering action on behalf of physicians defrauded by former partners.
- Settlement of civil racketeering claims of more than $1.5 million for renown physician from former employer.
Intellectual Property Litigation:
- Injunction and settlement on behalf of a copyright owner for $275,000.
- Recovered on behalf of an artist $385,000 for misappropriation of his copyrighted art work.
- Verdict on behalf of trademark owner for trademark infringement $750,000.
- $10.5 million verdict against switchless reseller in fraud and injunction action.
- Receiver appointed over West Coast Telecom provider which breached contract.
- Settlement of $1.4 million in contract dispute between IXC and switchless reseller.
Disclaimer: The results referenced above are not an assurance of future results in other cases as each case is different and must be decided on its facts and the applicable law.